- As New a. k. a. Mint - literally the book is still in "brand new" condition. May be still sealed in plastic or without it. No wears, folds, stamp and any other defects.
- Fine - secondary to mint condition, sign of a very little wear on the book's jacket or the book itself in a sense that the grader will consider the book as still in fine & looks new condition.
- Very Good - a little wear on the book's jacket or the book itself
- Good - worn book but all pages are still complete . The wears, folds, dirt & any defects may be noticeable.
- Fair - worn book. The wears, folds, dirt & any defects are noticeable. Or if there's no wears, folds, dirt & any defects but the jacket is missing, consider grade it as fair condition.
- Poor - "don't judge the book by its cover" 4. The wears, folds, dirt & any defects are noticeable. Worst than that, page(s) may be missing and cover was scratched out
- 1 AB Bookman Grading Scale - http://hughhollowell.org/the-original-ab-bookman-grading-scale-1949/
- 2 List of User Book Conditions - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_used_book_conditions
- 3 AB Bookman Weekly - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_Bookman%27s_Weekly
- 4 Don't Judge a Book by its Cover quote - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_judge_a_book_by_its_cover
<Subject for further editing>